Security of Payment legislation is designed for self help towards adjudication but there are many people willing to help you with your progess payment for a price.
So we have uploaded a whole bunch of free material which will help you work through the maze of securing payment under the various legislations and if you do need help then the cost of investigative work can be significantly reduced. Most of the information is in the public domain but we thought a one-stop shop would assist the industry help itself saving time and money.
Australian Solution Centre provides the following links:
Across a number of States & Territories
- ABN Lookup (ABN/ACN, Company, Sole Traders, Business names etc)
- Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ABN/ACN, Business names etc)
- ASIC Information Brokers (ABN/ACN, Business names etc)
- ASIC Insolvency Search (official Government Site)
- Yellow Pages
- White Pages
- Google Search Engine
- Australia Post Online Tracking Facility
Australian Capital Territory
- ACT Security of Payment government website
- ACT Licensed Building Professionals Listings
- ACT Justice of the Peace Register for Declarations
New South Wales
- NSW Security of Payment government website
- NSW OFT Home Building Licence Check
- NSW Justice of the Peace Register for Declarations
- SA Security of Payment government website
- South Australia Licensing Public Register
- SA Justice of the Peace Register for Declarations
- QLD Security of Payment government website
- QLD Building Services Authority Licence Check
- BCIPA Adjudication Decision Search
- QLD Justice of the Peace or Commissioner for Declarations
If you know the ABN/ACN but do not know where their registered address is you may be able to find details through an Information Broker who is linked to the ASIC public registers. A list of Information Brokers can be found on the ASIC website here.
Additionally you may wish to consider business cards and search engine searches on phone numbers, fax numbers and addresses or seek information from clients, other contractors or local government on details of those undertaking works at a site.
Please read our disclaimer when using any of these resources.